Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Frank Herbert

de bene esse: literally, of well-being, morally acceptable but subject to future validation or exception



















“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” 

- Frank Herbert, born 8 October 1920. American science fiction author best known for Dune and its five sequels. 
The Dune saga, set in the distant future and taking place over millennia, deals with themes such as human survival and evolution, ecology, and the intersection of religion, politics and power. Dune itself is the "best-selling science fiction novel of all time," and the series is widely considered to be among the classics in the genre.

No comments: