Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Harper Lee

de bene esse: literally, of well-being, morally acceptable but subject to future validation or exception



Click topic for LINK

Famously reclusive author Harper Lee of To Kill a Mockingbird  legend is subject of a biography The Mockingbird Next Door: Life with Harper Lee.  Not surprising -  Harper Lee has made it clear, she had nothing to do with the writing of that book.

To Kill a Mocking Bird was so pivotal in my development as it was for countless children, I am sure.  Her book taught me about the world including my first shattering moment in the looming shadow of racial prejudice.  I shared Scout and her double duo's carefree summers as only a child could and their mysteries and adventures  on those lovely, long, hot days of summer.

No comments: