Total Pageviews

Monday, August 18, 2014

Lauren Bacall

de bene esse: literally, of well-being, morally acceptable but subject to future validation or exception

I was pregnant - and Bogie was just livid, by LAUREN BACALL: The late actress tells of her tempestuous and passionate marriage to screen star Humphrey Bogart

Bacall
Lauren Bacall (pictured inset with her husband Humphrey Bogart and together with their son Steven) recalls the couple's deep love for one another and Bogart's heartbreaking death from cancer. She writes: 'On a weekend morning in January, after the worst night imaginable when Bogie lay restlessly plucking at his chest and moaning, I dressed to take the children to Sunday school. I kissed him, as I always did, and said I’d be right back. "Goodbye, kid," he said. When I came back an hour later, he had slipped into a coma.'

No comments: